OnePlus was very quick to issue the stable Android 14 update to the OnePlus 11, but then took its sweet time getting the same update to its first foldable smartphone, the OnePlus Open. Today the wait is finally over, the OxygenOS 14 update based on Android 14 is on its way to the Open.
If you’re in India, that is. For some reason, OnePlus decided to contain the rollout to India only for now. Hopefully it will become a global release soon enough.
There’s one more caveat. The stable update is going out first to those who participated in OnePlus’ Closed Beta and Open Beta programs. Once it reaches all of those, then it will be gradually pushed to more users.
The new build is labeled CPH2551_22.214.171.1240(EX01). Here’s the official changelog straight from OnePlus:
- Adds Aqua Dynamics, a way of interaction with morphing forms that allows you to view up-to-date information at a glance.
- Adds File Dock, where you can drag and drop to transfer content between apps and devices.
- Adds Content Extraction, a feature that can recognize and extract text and images from the screen with one tap.
- Adds Smart Cutout, a feature that can separate multiple subjects in a photo from the background for copying or sharing.
- Improves Shelf by adding more widget recommendations.
- Improves photo and video-related permission management for safer access by apps.
- Improves system stability, the launch speed of apps and the smoothness of animations.
- Upgrades Aquamorphic Design with a natural, gentle, and clearer color style for a more comfortable color experience.
- Adds Aquamorphic-themed ringtones and revamps the system notification sounds.
- Improves system animations by making them even smoother.
- Adds a carbon tracking AOD that visualizes the carbon emissions you avoid by walking instead of driving.
#OnePlus #Open #finally #receives #Android #update